JINJA DISTRICT HEALTH DIRECTORATE
The population of Jinja district have access to high Quality Promotive, Preventive and Curative Health care Services
To provide quality Curative, Preventive and promotive health services which focuses on national and local priorities, with active community involvement of all the people of Jinja district.
To fulfil that mission, Jinja district Health sector strives to create an environment that is caring and compassionate within our health facility system and in our service to the community.
1. To provide Health promotion education to the population
2. Improve Maternal and child health
3. Reduce incidence of communicable diseases including HIV/AIDS and Tuberculosis
4. Reduce incidence of non communicable diseases
5. To Provide Management systems for the health sector
6. To provide training and research for improving public health interventions
Jinja district health sector is motivated by faith in a merciful God, and works to actualize that faith. We are guided by these core values:
1. Customer Service
Jinja district health sector is motivated by a sincere concern for the well-being of all people and we will strive to serve everyone with dignity, respect and compassion.
2. Professionalism Jinja district health sector will maintain the highest ethical standards through its actions and decision
3. Excellence Jinja district health sector strives to provide highest quality health services. The art and science of health require a commitment to lifelong learning and professionalism
4. Integrity We work to earn the trust of those we serve, strive to do what is right for them at all times, and we keep our word and are faithful to who we say we are.
5. Teamwork Jinja district health sector cultivates an environment of communication, respect, trust and collaboration among its staff irrespective of status.
6. Collaboration and partnership Partner with other organizations to benefit our patients, their families, and the community.
7. Commitment Jinja district health sector is motivated by pride and dedication, determined to achieve goals of the organization and willing to give our best efforts at all times
8. Stewardship We develop and manage our human, financial, material, and other resources to benefit and support those we serve.
For more information, please visit the Jinja Health Office Website @ www.jinjahealthoffice.go.ug